Thursday 24 November 2011

A Birthday and a LO

Hi everyone. Today was my hebrew birthday and I must say I had a really good one. First I got some lovely letters from my DGDs written with some help from my sticker box (when I wasn't looking) and their mum. DD 1 made me a fabulous hand painted card and it was lovely getting post that wasn't bills. My sister in law took me out to lunch and  made sure I had all my favourites. But best of all, DD2 and her husband wrote a beautiful song especially for me. DD's husband is in music production so the song is really professional. It's a really personal song so I won't share it here, but I will tell you that it brought tears to my eyes and I've been listening to it all day and I've also set it as my ringtone.

Now I also have a LO to share with you. I've had this picture of Tzivi lying around for  a while and while I was digging at old pp's I found the perfect one to scrap it with.



 Tzivi insists on using this huge umbrella whatever the weather. DD gets really embarrassed but I told her she'll get her revenge when her kids are teenagers.
The diecut pp is a very old Websters Pages. I have no idea which collection it comes from, but it suited the photo perfectly. I used a base of pale yellow cardstock and some blue Best Creations glitter cardstock. I cut the diecut at the border of the floral pattern and plainer side, punched some holes with my crop a dile and threaded red ribbon through the holes. The photo went under the umbrella which I cut out with my craft knife. I added a strip of blue glitter paper and some blooms to the left hand side. The title and journalling are from a rhyme my children used to sing. I don't know where it comes from, but it was a perfect fit so I had to use it. Below you can see close ups of the ribbon and the rhyme. I also doodled in blue and red pen around the outside edges of the LO and around some of the scallops of the die cut

 The ribbon that I threaded between the two cut pieces of paper
This is the rhyme that continues on from the title. I used handwriting and some tiny sticker alphas to add interest.
Thanks for visiting

4 comments:

  1. What a wonderful birthday you have had Leah. Belated birthday wishes for you. *Ü* Such a cute photo and layout. TFS. ~Glen~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday. I love the LO, so bright and cheerful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. how winderful-ypur vwry own song-that's really special!!

    ReplyDelete