Wednesday 3 August 2011

A New Layout - And a tooth disaster

After being busy with sewing, circle journals and minibooks, I decided to do a LO today.
This one features my DD- she's the one in the pink - and some of my nieces doing each others hair. It's been lying around for about 5 years waiting to be scrapped and today was its lucky  day. The main background is blue cardstock with yellow cardstock over it. I then used several different pps from the fabulous Ad Lib collection by Bo Bunny. I guess you've noticed by now that Bo Bunny is my favourite manufacturer at the moment. I used my clever tassel scissors to cut the red paper to look like hair. The trim I picked up at a market stall somewhere. The rosette is made from some fabric with a button and gem to finish off.  The painted dots are done by dipping the rubber end of a pencil into different coloured paint dabbers, and the images below the 'hair' are stamped with the Ad Lib stamps and green and brown Stazon. A little gem in the middle of each flower finishes them off. The stars which you see either side of the rosette snd in top right hand corner of the photo are cut with a sizzix bigz die and my faithful cuttlebug. Finally to finish the Lo I added some brads, a trinket and a little bit of doodling.

And what about my tooth? Well I had some root treatment done last week and a temporary filling put in till my next appointment. This morning while I was eating my breakfast I heard a crunch that had nothing to do with my Sultana Bran and that was followed by a nasty pain. I quickly discovered that my filling had come out and the tooth has loosened. So I'm off to the dentist again tomorrow for him to see what can be done. In the meantime I'm drugged up on painkillers, so I'm not responsible for anything I say or do. Thanks all for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment