Wednesday, 27 June 2012

Finally something to show you

Hello bloggers and thanks for your patience. My life has settled down to some semblance of normal and today I have 2 new Layouts to show you.

The first one is of my brother with my DD1. The picture is 23 years ago. My DD now has three children of her own and my brother is  married with 4 little 'uns and is acutely embarrassed by the way he looks on the picture, but I really like it.

 I used Kraft cardstock for the background and splodged some paint on it. I'm getting to grips with my messy side and am finding it very therapeutic. The rest of the pps are from the Bo Bunny, Welcome Home collection. I fussy cut the fence and flourish, made some swirly roses and created a banner for the title. The alphas are ancient ones from the bottom of my alphas book and they provide a great finishing touch
 DEtails of the fence. This took me ages but is well worth it. I adhered it with foam squares to give it dimension.
 The roses are made by cutting circles of paper into spirals, twirling them and then sort of bending and squashing them. I finished each one with a gem in the centre
Details of the title banner and alphas. You can also catch a glimpse of the paint splats.

This next LO is of two of my favourite subjects, namely DGD1 and DGD2. I took this spontaneous shot just as they wer hugging each other and love the way it came out.

 I made this LO using the Little Black Dress collection from Basic Grey. I love this collection. It's so classic and can be used in many different ways. I also made use of one of my numerous pizza boxes. I stripped it down to the corrugation, tore it up a bit and used some acrylic paint dabbers in black and cream on it. The dabbers do have fancy name colours, but I only remember the generic names. I machine stitched round the outside edge of my background paper and also around the photo matte and the actual photo. I added some blooms, lace, a netting bow and rubons. The gem centres are from Kaiser craft. Finally the title which reads 'Sister Act' is done on a journalling spot with teeny tiny alphas.
 These blooms are done using the new cut fold tuck dies from spellbinders. They are amazing. I only have one set so far but plan on treating myself to some more in the future.
 The rubon is Basic Grey again and I put some little gems on for effect.
The bow is done with Webster's antique netting tied with some black ribbon, and the lace is I can't remember what from my stash.

That's all for now. Thanks for visiting and I love reading all your comments too.


  1. Lovely layout and I love the roses. Even more so as I've tried to do them so many times - and failed!! xx

  2. gorgeous layouts-how patient you are to do all that fussy cutting!!

  3. These are both gorgeous.I love the flowers on the first layout,and the photo's fab.The lace on the second looks great too.Brilliant.

  4. So much loveliness to look at - I am enjoying the messier side of scrapping at the moment is very therapeutic :)