Wednesday 28 March 2012

Playing tag

Hi there. Over on UKscrappers, I've been doing a fabric tag swap. we had to make 6 tags where the main ingredient was fabric. They could be enhanced with other stuff, but the majority had to be fabric based. Here's my effort.
 My base is burgundy felt and so is the backing. I added some pale pink felt and a touch of pink print fabric to the base. The flower is cut from the same burgundy and pink felt using the new Tim Holtz flower garland strip die and my lovely cuttlebug. I had to run the felt through the machine about six times to get a clean cut, but the end result was worth it. I sewed the pale pink onto the burgundy with green variegated embroidery thread and the pink print is appliqued on top with orange thread. I sewed the base and the backing together using the same green variegated thread. The watering can and butterfly are inked and glimmer misted chipboard, and I distress inked the lace which I then sewed on using teeny tiny stitches. Above the lace I added some burgundy loopy ribbon and the flower on the lace is an alcohol inked button, with a little green gem on it. I also added some gems to the lace and an alcohole inked crystal drop also compliments of Tim Holtz. A little silver charm and some stickles grass and a bird finish off the tag. I really enjoyed doing this swap and can't wait to see what the other swapees come up with. Below are some close ups of the detail.
 The flower is made up of layers of alternate coloured felt with a green dewdrop stuck in the centre.
 The crystal drop is alcohol inked with a gem stuck on for effect. The chipboard butterfly is inked and glimmer misted, and I added some stickles to jazz it up a bit
Here you can see the lace, ribbon, little button flower and stickles ''grass''. Thnks for stopping by and see you again soon.

4 comments:

  1. I love your fabric tags – so much fantastic intricate detail to Admire!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the different textures you've incorporated on your tag, very pretty.
    C xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! Your fabric tag is just wonderful, full of so much texture and layers. I think it is fabulous! Also love your blog graphics they are great :)

    Claire

    ReplyDelete