Wednesday 18 May 2011

Another outfit and some courage


Hi there. I had a very productive day today. Aside from all the mundane stuff like cooking and cleaning I mean. Firstly I made an outfit for 9 year old Sarah. She needs it like a hole in the head but I love sewing for my little girl. So here is a glimpse of it. The fabric is a stone linen mix with black and red butterflies on it. As you can see the jacket is a casual denim type jacket with loads of black topstitching and the skirt is a straight panelled skirt with matching black stitching. I had to cut the paper pattern into about 10 pieces to get the style I wanted but the end result is really worth it











I also did a layout today. It took alot of courage to do this one because it took me right out of my comfort zone. I've never been able to create a layout with lots of white space so I challenged myself to do just that. I used the fabulous Love Burds collection from Fancy Pants, some  Martha Stewart edge punches and the lovely Tim Holtz large and small rosette dies. I added some gems and buttons for the finishing touch. Thanks for coming along today.

No comments:

Post a Comment