Tuesday 1 September 2009

Art Journal CJ

So as I was saying earlier, I've been busy with swaps etc. For some crazy reason I've joined a CJ just now at my busiest time, but who ares I need some time for fun as well. My theme is beginnings and the front cover and my LO are below for you to see. Hope you like it, because I do




My cover page as you can see is covered in orange bling and distressed to make it look grungy. I used ribbon and ribbon sliders. The A and J of Art Journal are stamped and the rest done with chalk. The title is done with letters cut out of images and glossy acents on top. The back cover is the same bling, but without the grunge and both inside covers are the same.





My welcome page is done with different pp's and a frame filled with Utee and a Dymo welcome sign. The notes are printed on white vellum with a silver hint.




The next is my DLO. I chose a sunrise theme The left hand side sunrise is done on mulberry paper with shaving foam, reinkers distress inks and acrylics. The right hand side I did by using an early morning sky paper and sunflowers cut out on top of circle vellum. There is also an orange raffia bow on the page. My journalling is written in the petals of the sunflowers and tells of a new day which is a fresh start with new ambitions.



And Finally my sign in page. I used a printed paer with lilac angel hair in random places. The envelope is an interesting pink paer which I've had in my stash since the year dot. I decorated the envelope with beads and blooms and there are 10 tickets in the envelope for everyone to write their little thoughts. It's also decorated the words for the journey on the page.

For some reason this page insists on uploading sideways. I don't know why. So just flip it with your eyes and imagine it the right way up. Thanks for looking

1 comment:

  1. I love the sunrise page with the shaving foam it has worked really well. See nothing to worry about.

    ReplyDelete