Friday 14 August 2009

8 x 8 jigsaw


Hello again. What with all the excitement of Miriam's engagement, I'm behind on my crafting. I just finished a jigsaw for UKS where thankfully the deadline was extended and you can see it here.The first theme was musicals. I used an image from Mary poppins and the children on the roof. I covered black mulberry paper with white chalk to convey soot, stuck on the image and covered the whole thing in crackle accents on top of which I wrote chim chimerney with liquid pearls. The secon one is mythical creatures. I alcohol inked some glossy card, added a photo of a dragon which I embellished with stickles and then painted a fire with acrylics. News headlines was my theme. I took a piece of newspaper and aged it with distress inks. I then wrote my date of birth an the slogan I was born with sticker alphas. Butterflies was the next theme. I covered the piece with bright mulberry paper and then coloured in some vellum butterflies and also used a wire butterfly which i stuck on just in the centre to give an illusion of flight. I also made it glittery with stickles. Theme number 5 is vintage love and I really enjoyed this one, I took some aged pink CS and inked some lace on top of which I put a sepia love picture. and some heart shaped brads. The line of christmas stockings is pretty obviously a christmas theme. I embellishe some diecut stockings with eyelets stickles and sequins and attached them with wire to the piece which I covered with flock paper. Theme number 7 is fairies. Floral paper adorned with sparkly gems and a topper of a fairy holding some berries and leaves. Women's fashion through the ages was a really hard theme. In the end I plumped for the 60's. A pair of flowery tights, some crackle paint a large sunflower and flower power alphas finally got this piece done. The celtic theme gave me loads of trouble. I tried to do a staine glass windoweffect and wasted a load of UTEE. Then I tried stamping which proved disastrous. In the end I inked the piece with distress ink and embossed a chipboard celtic knot with green and orange UTEE. Some bronze stickles dusted over everything finished it off nicely. Now all I need to do is get a pizza box and sent it off. Then I can sit back and wait for my very own jigsaw to arrive. Good bye for now and see you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment